Tolu Arokodare Reveals Why It Is Difficult For Him To Get Super Eagles Invite

E

Ernest Victor

Tolu Arokodare

KRC Genk forward, Tolu Arokodare has emphasized the importance of putting in extra effort to gain recognition at the international level.​

Tolu Arokodare, who is currently a 23-year-old striker, has been in sensational form, netting seven goals in just 11 Belgian Pro League appearances for the Smurfs this season.

Despite these impressive statistics and his contributions to the team’s performance, Arokodare has yet to receive a call-up from the Nigerian national team.

In a recent interview with De Standard, Arokodare expressed his determination to earn a spot in the Super Eagles squad. He acknowledged the competitive nature of international football, saying, “For the national team, I know that I have to play in a major competition in the long term. If a Nigerian striker scores three goals in top leagues like the Premier League or the Bundesliga, I recognize that I need to get at least eight goals to have a reasonable chance of being considered for selection.”

Arokodare also conveyed his pride in representing Nigeria, noting, “It would be great to wear the shirt of my country. I have a strong desire to contribute to the national team.”

He, however, added, “If the national coach does not call me up, I still have my club to focus on, and I will continue to work hard to improve my game.”

The post Tolu Arokodare Reveals Why It Is Difficult For Him To Get Super Eagles Invite appeared first on Naija News.

Back